Star Cutout Curtains – Blackout 80% of Light and Add Whimsy
You want to watch the stars? I’m sorry to tell you it’s the middle of the afternoon, so they won’t be out for a while. Why don’t we draw the star cutout curtains to darken the room and make our own stars?
Star cutout curtains are a two-layered window finishing. The base is a blackout curtain, which blocks light and filters noise. In it, you’ll find a number of star-shaped cutouts that let the light through. On top, a second layer of tulle curtain adds whimsy and smooths the incoming light.
Star cutout curtains are the blackout curtains with fun shapes to design your home!
Your room can be an observatory any time of day with the addition of these unique star cutout curtains. This is a set of two curtain panels, each 52” wide and 84” long, for a total span of 104”. This makes them great in nearly any room of your home, from the bedroom to the living room!
The base layer of these curtains is a blackout polyester. It blocks 80% of the light from outside, including harmful UV rays. Not only that, but they also help to insulate as well as protect your privacy. I have them in every room!
In the top half of the fabric, there are a number of tiny star cutouts in the blackout curtain. These cutouts allow the light to shine through, whether day or night. This creates a magical, star-filled window for any room!
The top layer is a tulle overlay, which adds elegance to the curtain, and helps to keep the light in the cutouts from being too bright. Coordinating tiebacks are included if you’d like to open things up to get full sunlight during the daytime as well.
Reinforced metal grommets at the top accept up to a 1.7” diameter curtain rod (not included), so you’ll be able to choose your favorite. I personally like the mosaic curtain rods as they remind me of space!
If you don’t love the stars, check out these blackout curtains with city cutouts as an alternative with urban flair.
- Also available in 96” length
- Pictured in gray, but 5 other gradient tones are available in blue, pink, and yellow
- Machine washable in cold water, light iron as needed to remove wrinkles
- Rated 4.5 stars with over 300 reviews!
- A steamer travel iron is a great way to get any wrinkles out quickly!
Naturalife Foldable Travel Steamer for Clothes, Dual Voltage Automatic Adjustment, Powerful Handheld Home Garment Fabric Wrinkle Remover, 40 Second Fast Heat-up, Auto-Off
- Put stars all over, and in rooms without windows, with a Sky Lite laser star projector
BlissLights Sky Lite - LED Laser Star Projector, Galaxy Lighting, Nebula Lamp for Gaming Room, Home Theater, Bedroom Night Light, or Mood Ambiance (Green Stars)
- For a more traditional style window trimming, check out these soundproof blackout curtains
RYB HOME Thermal Curtains Soundproof - 3-in-1 Curtains Noise Barrier - Blackout - Thermal Insulated Curtains for Bedroom Room Divider High Ceiling Window Decor, 52 x 95 inch Long, Grey, 2 Pcs
- Investing in blackout curtains as a way to reduce noise in a room? Check out our guide on how to soundproof your room for more tips and tricks!