Do you remember sea monkeys when you were a kid? I just thought those things were so great. Now, we’ve got this Little Live aqua dragons habitat, which I guess is the way cooler version of the retro classic. The only difference is that I’m somehow in charge of keeping them alive this time around.
Sea monkeys or aqua dragons are actually the same thing. Underneath the cool name, this is actually a small habitat for brine shrimp. These easy to grow and care for creatures are a great science experiment, and an early way to teach children about pets and responsibility.
Take your learning on a journey under the sea with this fun Little Live aqua dragons habitat!
What child wouldn’t say ‘wow’ at the idea of telling them they’re getting a pet dragon? This Little Live aqua dragons deep sea habitat brings small little ‘dragons’ into your home for your children to grow and nurture. That’s with adult help of course! It’s important to properly care for your dragons as they are living creatures.
This kit comes with everything you need to hatch your own dragons at home. Simply add water to the deep sea habitat tank. Then, empty the included packet of eggs into the watery environment. In just 48 hours, they will hatch your very own mini dragons!
For anyone familiar with sea monkeys, you’ll know that I mean brine shrimp when I say ‘mini dragons’. These hardy little crustaceans will swim around for you to watch and enjoy. An LED light in the tank and a small magnifier let your kids see and learn about their new pets.
A packet of food comes in your kit as well, so you can keep your little dragons fed. Inside, you’ll find 120 servings and a small spoon. Parents, I highly recommend you help with the feeding. Not only so that the shrimp get fed, but I’ve had enough incidents of whole container dumping to know better!
- Recommended for ages 6-15
- Tank requires 2 AAA batteries (included)
- Measures 3.15 x 13.78 x 11.02 inches and weighs about 15 ounces empty
- Fill with non-mineralized water (such as purified or distilled) for best results
- Feed once every 2-3 days
- #3 best seller in Habitat Science Kits on Amazon!
- Rated 4.1 stars with over 6,000 reviews – kid and parent approved!
- Learn about PyroDinos in this bioluminescent Bio Orb featuring its own living plant plankton!
- Check out this tiny baking and tiny science kit combo pack for more fun ways for kids to learn
- Get creative and clean when you use this dino soap making kit
- Use the mega crystal growing lab to learn all about crystal formations!
- Alternatively, dig up some already created gemstones with the dig a dozen gem blocks set
- Check out the Fun Science Experiments for Kids book to find 101 other great ideas to try at home. You’ll learn and have fun at the same time!