The last thing I want creeping around the house is a spider. Thankfully, when the kids asked for one, they really meant the ArmoGear laser tag spider target instead of the real kind. This is one version of the arachnid I could actually enjoy!
We took this cool toy for a spin, and are here to share our review if you’re looking for a fun new laser tag style game to play. Whether you’re a kid or kid at heart, it’s a game for everyone.
What is the ArmoGear Laser Tag Spider Target
The ArmoGear laser tag spider target is actually a two-piece set that includes a spider-shaped target and a laser blaster. The robot spider runs around and actually returns fire!
This makes it ideal for target practice, as well as solo play if you don’t have a human laser tag opponent available.
Features of the ArmoGear Laser Tag Spider Target
- Safe for use indoors and outdoors
- Recommended for ages 8+
- Has modes for solo play as well as teams of 2, 3, or 4
- Registers shots from 15 ft away
- Features 3 difficulty levels
- Hit impact sensor is in blaster, no chest receiver required
Pros and Cons: Things to Know About the ArmoGear Laser Tag Spider Target
- Great for active play in any season
- Lots of fun for a wide variety of ages
- Versatile play modes work for many occasions
- Compatible with other existing ArmoGear sets as an add on “battle bug”
- Uses safe infrared technology
- Requires a lot of batteries (6 AAA at a time)
- Need to purchase additional blasters to play in teams
- Gets pretty noisy with the game sounds
Are There Different Versions of the ArmoGear Laser Tag Spider Target?
While there aren’t any different versions of the spider target itself, ArmoGear does offer several other different packages that it comes in:
If you’re concerned about the battery life in the regular style blasters, I highly recommend the last option for the rechargeability factor.
Frequently Asked Questions About the ArmoGear Laser Tag Spider Target
The Battle Bug spider target is compatible with all ArmoGear laser tag weapons. It will not work with other brands.
The ArmoGear laser tag spider target works with AAA batteries. The robot needs 3, and the blaster needs an additional 3.
Alkaline batteries work best, as rechargeable batteries tend to give mixed results with the set functioning properly.
The laser tag spider bot works best on hard surfaces, such as asphalt, concrete, hardwood, tile, or cement. It also works fine on carpet, though you may experience a slowdown in very shaggy or high pile carpet.
We noticed a significant struggle in grass, so unless your lawn is recently clipped, the robot may struggle there.
Similar Products to the ArmoGear Laser Tag Spider Target
Kidzlane Spider Target vs. ArmoGear Laser Tag Spider Target
|Power Source||Rechargeable battery||3 AAA batteries (alkaline)|
|On Hit||Flips over||Makes noise|
|Set Compatibility||Kidzlane only||ArmoGear only|
|Bot size (approximate)||4”||8”|
|Range||130 feet||15 feet|
The Kidzlane spider target is the most similar product to the ArmoGear laser tag spider. While it’s a lower cost, the Kidzlane robot is only about half the size of the ArmoGear. While I think the “play dead” feature is fun, I personally get more enjoyment out of the bot shooting back.
You’ll also find that while the Kidzlane has a longer range, it tends to lead to a bigger “hit box” meaning that the response is less accurate. So, if your kids have poor aim and just want to “kill” the bug it’s great, but doesn’t make for great target practice as it’s too forgiving.
If you have an existing Kidzlane laser tag set, it’s not a bad add-on option. However if you’re starting fresh, I like the features and interactivity of the ArmoGear more. Not to mention, it’s definitely more sturdy and holds up to tougher play, making it worth the additional cost to me.
Our Overall Ratings of the ArmoGear Laser Tag Spider Target
This game is a ton of fun for the kids and the adults. I wish the battery life was better, and I also would like to be able to silence it sometimes. That being said, you can circumvent my two biggest concerns with the complete pack they offer, which has both silencers and rechargeable batteries for the blasters.
The ArmoGear spider bot is great fun for both solo and team play. It gets you moving, and helps improve hand eye coordination in kids. Pivot seamlessly between family fun night and a group of kids playing together at a party!
While it’s got a couple drawbacks, there’s nothing that would stop me from purchasing another one. Even as an adult I think it’s a blast hunting the little spider robot all around the living room.
Where to Buy
If you want to get your own laser tag spider target set, here are some different options for price comparison:
Here are some other similar products you may enjoy:
Looking for blasters only? Check out the Best Choice laser tag 4 pack
If you like lasers, use them, use them to play games on your walls with the Projex projecting arcade game
Who needs guns when you have tanks? These RC battling tanks feature fireable infrared turrets and action sounds!
Shoot sweets instead of lasers at each other with a marshmallow blaster toy!
ArmoGear Laser Tag Shooting Game | Kids Laser Tag Gun with Spider Set | Indoor and Outdoor Target Shooting Toy | Ideal Electronic Gift for Boys Ages 8+
- BEAT THE BOT - You’ve slayed laser tag with friends, but can you beat the bot? Go up against this laser tag target one on one with the included Mini Battle Blaster. It runs around and shoots back! Or include this spider on your team during a regular game of Laser Battle to raise the stakes.
- 3 DIFFICULTY LEVELS - To win, shoot the laser tag spider 9 times before it shoots you. Then level up for rapid fire! A 15 ft shooting distance provides plenty of room to aim and run for cover. Requires 6x AAA batteries (not included).
- VOICE GUIDED GAMEPLAY - Dramatic sound effects indicate when shooting or hit and a voice guide announces the play by play. Kids ages 8 and up will want to compete against this warrior bug any chance they get. Battle Bug works indoors, outdoors and on the go!
- 4 TEAM CAPABILITY - Our laser tag bug has 4 team modes with unlimited player capacity, when played with additional Laser Battle or Mini Battle Blaster guns. Split up into teams of 2, 3 or 4 with your friends and see which team wins.
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - As with all things Armogear, this product conforms to rigid quality control and is 100% safety tested & certified. We walk the extra mile to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase by offering a FULL money-back guarantee! Please contact us with any issues or concerns for a hassle-free refund or replacement.